Bass Guitar for DummiesBook - 2003
Shake the earth with deep, sonorous vibrations. Be the force that relentlessly drives the music. Rumble like the ominous thunder of an approaching storm. For you, it's not enough just to be heard; you need to be felt, too. You need to play bass guitar.
Imagine your favorite music without bass. It doesn't work, does it? The bass is the heartbeat of the music, the foundation of the groove, and the glue that holds together all the different instruments. You can feel the vibrations of the low notes – sometimes subtle and caressing, sometimes literally earthshaking – as they propel the song. The bass is the heart. So leave center stage to the other musicians – you have more important work to do. The limelight may be cool, but bassists rule!
You can find everything you need to dominate the bass in Bass Guitar For Dummies – whether you're a beginner picking up a bass for the first time or an experienced player looking for way to improve. And you won't drown in complicated music theory, either; this easy-to-understand reference gives you just enough music theory to get you on your way.
Bass Guitar For Dummies includes the following topics and more:
- Exploring the anatomy of a bass guitar
- Getting started: Holding your bass, positioning your hands, and striking notes
- Reading bass notation and understanding chords, scales, and octaves
- Creating a groove and playing solos and fills
- Examining different bass-playing styles, from rock and funk to blues and reggae
- Caring for your bass: Cleaning, changing strings, and so on
- Buying your own bass and accessories
- Top Ten lists on bassists you should know about
Bass Guitar For Dummies also comes with a CD that includes audio clips of all the examples in the book.
So put away the air bass guitar and get yourself the real thing. With the help of Bass Guitar For Dummies, you'll be groovin' in your own band in no time!
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.