WeatherBook - 2007
A general introduction to meteorology and weather discusses atmospheric cycles, storms, clouds and precipitation, the effect of weather on society, and how weather is measured and studied.
Science 101: Weather is the essential introduction to the Earth's ever-changing weather and climate, from the humid equator to the ice-covered poles. Find out how weather both wreaks destruction and creates breathtaking mirages, rainbows, and other atmospheric marvels.
- Describes the past and present of the atmosphere and what the future may bring for all life on Earth
- Highlights new technologies and breakthroughs in meteorological satellites and climate research
- More than 250 full-color photographs and illustrations
- Ready Reference section with at-a-glance temperature maps and graphs, and a special feature on professional storm chasers
- Perfect at-home reference for students, families, and the weatherperson in us all
Providing an accessible, visual introduction to various fields of science, this authoritative series brings together full-color photographs, illustrations, charts, and explanations to offer non-scientists a compelling overview of the world of science and technology, current research and trends in each field, and critical issues and applications in everyday life.