Beat the Taxman!
Easy Ways to Save Tax in your Small BusinessBook - 2008
"Beat the Taxman is a book for every Canadian in a small or home-based business who is struggling with complex tax rules and regulations." - Dale Ennis, Canadian MoneySaver
"[Beat the taxman's] easy-going style and avoidance of the more mind-numbing details make for a solid primer on the perks and pitfalls of self-employment. The...one-sentence tips in the appendix are probably worth the price of admission alone." - Gordon Powers, the Globe and Mall
"...one of the better books I've seen on the market for small-business owners and better yet, it's all Canadian content." - Linda A. Fox, The Toronto Sun
Updated for the 2007 Tax Year
As a small-business owner or a home-based entrepreneur, you have lots of questions about taxes, but very few answers. In your constant battle to be successful, the Canada revenue Agency can seem like one of y our biggest adversaries. but with beat the taxman in your corner, you're sure to come out a winner in the fight to save taxes in your business.
- Packed with tax tips that will save you hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars year-round.
- Written in a question-and-answer format that's easy to understand, practical, and easy to apply.
- Features 167 "tax Beaters"-quick-reference tips that highlight key points.
- Explains how to save taxes in every aspect and at every stage of your business.
- Features a Year-Round Tax-Planning Calendar.
- Includes new and updated information on: improvements to the CCA system; the increase in the capital gains exemption; changes to remittance and filing thr4esholds for income taxes, source deductions, and GST for small businesses; changes to the deductibility of fines and Penalties; the federal apprenticeship tax credit; as well as changes in the last federal budget, to the tax rules throughout the yard, and even tax changes announced in the October 30, 2007, federal government financial announcements.
The ultimate "tax coach" for every Canadian in a small or home-based business, this book will help you to Beat the Taxman at h is own game!